City of Litchfield City Council met Dec. 5.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests: Sarah Waggoner for 5 years of services, Jeremiah Beckham for 15 years of service, Curt Evans for 15 years of service, Thomas Dewitt for 20 years of service and Gary Vega for 35 years of service.
Appointment: Recognition of Litchfield Police Dept Sgt Jason Black’s promotion to Lieutenant. Public Participation Applicant Comments
1. A motion to accept the minutes from the November 21, 2019 meeting.
2. ** to be passed only at the first monthly City Council meeting. A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the city sales tax to the City’s general fund to issue checks and authorize to pay the bills.
1. Finance – Dwayne Gerl - Audit presentation by Kerber, Eck & Braeckel, with motion to
accept the City of Litchfield Annual Audit for the year ending April 30, 2019.
2. Administration – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve an Ordinance ascertaining the total amount budgeted for all corporate purposes legally made and to be collected from the tax levy of the fiscal year, beginning on the 1st day of May, 2019, ending on the 30th day of April, 2020 and levying a tax for the same on all property subject to taxation within the City of Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois, as the same is assessed and equalized for state and county purposes for the current year. (Jereme Zook, of KEB, to report on the 2019 proposed real estate tax levy)
3. Fire & Ambulance – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve an Agreement with Andres Medical Billing Ltd. as an outside billing service to collect monies for all ambulance services rendered by the Litchfield Fire Department beginning January 1, 2020 and authorize the Mayor to sign the agreement.
4. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve the purchase of HDPE (Solid Plastic) partitions for the LLYRA Comfort Stations from Sustainable Supply for $9,650 and to authorize the City Clerk to issue payment upon satisfactory delivery.
5. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger - A motion to renew membership with the Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation (MCEDC) for $6,939 for a one-year period and to authorize the City Clerk to cut a check.
6. Tourism – Marilyn Sisson A motion to approve the renovation of the current Lake Lou Yaeger sign in the amount not to exceed $2,590.00.
7. Administration – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve the cyber security insurance policy renewal with U.S. Risk, LLC for an amount not to exceed $5,512.00 and authorize the mayor to sign the documents and the clerk to issue payment.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
“The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body.” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(1).
“Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees.” (5ILCS 120/2(C)(2))
“The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body.” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(6)
“Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(11)
1. Settlement – Dugan/Alply: A motion to approve settlement agreement with Dugan on Alply Insulated Panels matter.
2. Possible business to follow.