City of Litchfield City Council met Jan. 2.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge to Flag
Recognition of Visitors and Special Guests:
Public Participation Applicant Comments
1. A motion to accept the minutes from the December 19, 2019 meeting.
2. ** to be passed only at the first monthly City Council meeting. A motion to direct the City Clerk to transfer funds from the city sales tax to the City’s general fund to issue checks and authorize to pay the bills.
1. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger – A motion to approve pay request #5 from Loewke & Brill for $85,256.97 for work completed on the external water main for the I-55 Industrial Park and authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
2. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger – A motion to accept pay request #1 and #2 from Kamadulski Excavating and Grading Inc., in the amount totaling $271,183.05 and authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
3. Economic Development – Ray Kellenberger – A motion to accept pay request #7 from Gelly Excavating and Construction Inc., in the amount of $13,320 and authorize the City Clerk to issue a check.
4. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve pay request #1 from Brewster Construction Inc., for the amount of $76,668.04 and authorize the City Clerk to issue the check.
5. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve a resolution for the proposed beach staff pay rates for after-hour beach parties/events.
6. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve the 2020 Lease Agreement and Rules and Regulations for both the Lake Front Seasonal Camping and the Bi-Centennial Campground Seasonal Camping.
7. Lake – Dave Hollo – A motion to approve the purchase of 16 stainless steel Bradley Dual jumbo roll toilet tissue dispensers for the Lake Lou Yaeger Recreational Area Comfort Stations from Sustainable Supply at the listed price of $123 each and to approve the City Clerk to issue payment upon satisfactory delivery.
8. Fire – Woodrow Street – A motion to approve the purchase of ten (10) Honeywell fire helmets for structural firefighting with ten (10) Paul Conway 6” shields (as part of personal protective equipment known as PPE) from Municipal Emergency Services at a cost not to exceed $2,552 to include shipping and allow the City Clerk to issue a check upon satisfactory delivery.
9. Building and Grounds – Mark Brown – A motion to reject the bid received for the replacement of HVAC equipment at City Hall proposal from Henson Robinson Company of Springfield, IL and authorize the solicitation of proposal from vendors for recommended design-build systems.
A Motion to Enter into Executive Session, as allowed under the Illinois Open Meetings Act, as found in Chapter 5 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes, Section 120, to address these certain and restricted items:
1. “Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, in which case the basis for the finding shall be recorded and entered into the minutes of the closed meeting.” (5ILCS 120/2(2)(C)(11)
1. Possible business to follow.