Village of Donnellson Village Board met May 13.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Gary Long.
The agenda was suspended for the swearing in ceremony of Trustees Gary Long, Fran Jett, Pamella Short and Kenny Buckingham.
President Darrell Jett opened the meeting at 7:04 pm.
Roll Call Completed by Clerk/Treasurer Sheryl Reynolds: Present: President- Darrell Jett. Trustees- Pamella Short, Fran Jett, Gary Long, Robert Hoxsey, Kenny Buckingham and Nelda Adkisson, Clerk/ Treasurer-Sheryl Reynolds, Water/Sewer Clerk-Diane Dankoski, Chief of Police Wayne Watkins. Absent: Police Sgt. Dave Reno, Officer Taylor Hill and Meter Reader Mark Reynolds.
• Bob Hoxsey motioned to approve the minutes of the April 8, 2019 meeting.
The motion was seconded by Gary Long. All were in favor.
• Kenny Buckingham made a motion to accept the Treasurer's Report. The motion was seconded by Bob Hoxsey. All were in favor.
• The monthly bill report was read by Clerk/Treasurer Sheryl Reynolds. A motion to accept the bills was made by Gary Long and seconded by Fran Jett. All were in favor.
Clerk/Treasurer Concerns: None
Trustee Concerns: None
• President Jett explained that 2 fire hydrants are scheduled for replacement, with 2 more to be replaced following.
Policies and Practices: None
• Norman Huisman asked questions about junk and derelict vehicles. Chief Watkins responded that he is working on several.
• Bary Mason discussed vehicles running the stop signs. Chief Watkins explained the formal complaint process.
• Randy Stewart complimented the fire department for their work at the recent fire. President Jett reminded everyone to give them room to work.
Roads and Parks:
• President Jett reported that street holes will be asphalt patched and mowing continues.
• Gary Long made a motion to accept the April Police Report. It was seconded by Kenny Buckingham. All were in favor.
Fran Jett explained completed work to reinstate the Village into good standing with the state. She stated that the grant for a generator will be pursued.
Internal Financial Review:
• Fran Jett reported that the March and April reviews were completed.
• Fran Jett reported that no one called in about receiving Meals on Wheels.
We did have at least one volunteer. President Jett reported that no further action had been conducted on the new water meters/system. Fran Jett made a motion to rent a 20 yard dumpster for $300.00 for spring clean-up. It was seconded by Pam Short and passed with all ayes.
• Sheryl Reynolds is coordinating a town-wide garage sale with Sorento.
• Pam Short made a motion to bypass a purchase of a CD this month. It was seconded by Kenny Buckingham. The motion passed with all ayes. The Trustees had a discussion regarding rules for the playground and pavilion. In addition to what was already written, it was suggested to set hours from 8am to 9pm. Also, to include no fireworks on the list. Gary Long made a motion to accept the rules as amended, effectively making it Ordinance 2019-02. It was seconded by Bob Hoxsey and passed with all ayes. Sheryl Reynolds explained the need for a PITOT gauge to read the pressure and flow on fire hydrants to be in full compliance. Fran Jett made a motion to purchase a PITOT gauge; it was seconded by Gary Long and passed with all ayes.
• President Jett thanked all those who donated towards the picnic tables, and thanked Kenny Buckingham for making them.
• In an effort to improve the village, Fran Jett made a motion to hire Bob Reiman as Ordinance Officer. It was seconded by Kenny Buckingham. The motion passed in a roll call vote with 6 ayes and 0 nays.
With no further business to discuss, Gary Long made a motion to adjourn; Pam Short seconded the motion, all in favor. The meeting adjourned at 7:40 pm.